Treat Your Skin With These 6 Essential Oils
Numerous cultures have sworn by essential oils to better their lives for decades. Whether people are using them for religious rites, health, and wellness, perfume, or betterment of their daily life, they are useful in many different ways.
They are versatile, but many contain elements that are essential to perfecting your skin. Other skin products that you can buy at the store contain harsh ingredients that are synthetic.
Using natural remedies like essential oils is a better solution that can naturally brighten, smooth or re-moisturize your skin and makes you feel beautiful and pampered. But what essential oils should you be using on your skin?
Lavender is a great starter oil if you want to better your skin. Almost everyone has it in their home already, but it can also soothe and nourish people with all different types of skin texture and tone. It’s simple to begin a routine using lavender.
- Mix one drop with your usual moisturizer, and massage it into your face.
- Use a mixture of coconut oil, sugar, and lavender to create your own homemade scrub for the body. You can use 3-4 drops of essential oil lavender to begin, or pamper yourself slowly with more as time goes on.
- Recreate that spa feeling by adding 1 cup of Epsom salt and 4-5 drops of lavender to a warm bath.
Frankincense has been used since ancient times for many reasons. it helps to rejuvenate and beautify skin of all different types. It helps especially with aging skin, as it smoothes and moisturizes skin perfectly to reverse the impacts of growing old.
- After cleansing your skin, massage a drop of this oil into the face before applying your moisturizer.
- You can also use it directly on your body or face by mixing it into your normal lotions and moisturizers.
- It makes a perfect treat for your hands and feet if you massage frankincense into them, restoring their natural texture and reducing dryness.
Cedarwood is excellent at making the skin smooth and nourished. It can be used in many different ways, and the smell is pleasing to most people, giving off a rich and woodsy vibe. You can also use it on your scalp to better the quality of your hair.
- Add cedarwood to your normal lotions and moisturizers for smoother skin.
- Mix 3-5 drops into a bowl of warm water. Cover the bowl as well as your face with a towel, and breathe deeply into the water in order to open your pores and enjoy the pleasing smell. Follow this routine with a massage using 1 drop of oil on the face.
- Taking a small amount of argan oil or coconut oil, mix in 4-6 drops of cedarwood. Use to massage the scalp an hour before you shower, then rinse and wash for noticeable differences in your hair.
4. Tea Tree
Known for its usage to cleanse the skin, tea tree oil can help all skin types but is especially great to use on oily skin.
- This oil can be used as a spot treatment. Use on the end of a cotton swab, dabbing onto troublesome areas of your face.
- You can use 1-2 drops daily in your shampoo to nourish the scalp. Let the shampoo lather onto your scalp. Let it soak for a few minutes while you enjoy the cooling sensations.
Geranium is used most frequently in order to tone the skin and help smooth it. Although people of all skin types can use it, it helps for skin that is especially oily or noticeably dry.
- Use a few drops of geranium in your face masks, or massage it into the skin to reduce stress and improve appearance.
- Mix 4-5 drops into a bottle with an additional 2 oz of cool water. This mixture can be sprayed onto the skin lightly to revitalize and refresh the skin.
6. Ylang Ylang
Most known and loved for the sweet floral aroma it gives off, this essential oil is great for moisturizing and rejuvenating the skin. It can uplift your spirit and helps with many skin types, but aging skin and dry skin can benefit the most.
- Mix with a carrier oil for a relaxing facial massage to be used when you feel stressed.
- Dump 2-3 drops into the water of a warm bath.
- It can also be used directly on the skin if a few drops are added to your regular moisturizer or lotion.
Essential oils have been used for centuries to help people relax, but they can also have extravagant benefits to your skin. Are you going to try any of these oils to rejuvenate and moisturize? Which one sounds the most appealing to you? Let us know in the comments. Don't forget to pass this article on to all your girlfriends, we are sure they will love it too!
Our content is created to the best of our knowledge, yet it is of general nature and cannot in any way substitute an individual consultation by your doctor. Your health is important to us!