These 2 Logic Tests Will Boost Your Critical Thinking
May 07, 2019 by apost team
How good are your logical thinking skills? Give your brain some training by trying to solve this math test. An increased attentiveness will help you in your everyday life. So why not do a bit of mental workout with these fun logical tests. They will surely make your day better and distract you from your routine. That's all your brain needs to get some new focus.
If you get stuck, you can scroll down to check out the answer. Are you up for the challenge? Let's go!
QUIZ 1: Can you figure it out?
This quiz, that is sometimes used for Asian schoolchildren, is not as easy as you might think. Let's see if you can find out the trick and solve the math puzzle.
Three of the four equations have given results. Are you able to solve the fourth equation by yourself without peeking below?
Let's talk about the solution - this is how you can calculate it:
- We have an addition of three pair of shoes which is equal to thirty in the first equation.
- Then in the second equation, we have two cats and one pair of shoes, which adds up to twenty
- The third equation consists of an addition of two whistles and a cat. Which gives thirteen as an answer.
- Lastly, the fourth equation, which you have to solve, comprises of one pair of shoes plus a cat times the whistle.
What is your answer?
You will find the solution at the end of this article. Keep it in your head and try your chance with this second puzzle first:
QUIZ 2: Can you complete the pattern?
Can you complete the pattern? Have a look at the first four watches, now imagine you had to build the fifth watch. How would you set the time on it, to continue with the pattern of the other clocks?
Have a good look at it and keep the solution in your head. Now, let's check if your results from both quizzes were accurate. It's time to check the answers:
RESULT OF THE FIRST QUIZ
For the solution, you need to find out the numbers each animal represents:
- To determine what the shoes equal, you simply need to divide 30 by three (as there are three equal parts). So, shoes = 10.
- 10 + cat + cat = 20. So the cat equals 5.
- 5 + whistles + whistles = 13. So the whistles equal 4.
Therefore, the final equation can be translated into 10 + 5 x 4 = ? Hence, the solution is 30.
Did you get it right? Let's see how you managed with the second quizz
RESULT OF THE SECOND QUIZ
Did you find the pattern? The second clock is 1 hour and 10 minutes behind the first, the third one is 1 hour and 20 minutes behind the second, and the fourth one is 1 hour and 30 behind the previous. Thus, the last clock should be 1 hour and 40 minutes behind the fourth one.
Hence, the correct solution is: The time should be set at 5:35.
Were you able to solve these brainteasers? Challenge your friends as well and pass these quizzes along to them to see if they can solve them, too!