She Cuts Into An Old Bath Towel. The End Result? I NEED To Make One
If you have some old bath towels lying around that you don’t need anymore, you will love the following video by HGTV Handmade. This is such a creative method to “upcycle” your old towels and get beautiful bath rugs in return. If you happen to have a lot of towels in different colors, you can even come up with a great color combination. Here is the step-by-step instruction on how to make these amazing and easy bath rugs!
1. Fold towels in half and cut them into one-inch strips. For a medium-sized rug, you’ll need about 13 strips.
2. Take a strip in each color and stitch the ends together.
3. Once they’re sewn together, braid the three strips. To hide the raw edges of the strips you can fold the ends underneath.
4. Connect and sew three more strips onto the now braided strip. Continue braiding until you’ve used all strips and have one long braid.
5. Start to coil the rug on the floor and shape it into a rug as you sew the rug together. It should turn into a circular rug.
Finally, sew the ends together - et voilá!
If you like this video, please share it with your friends and family so that they can get creative, too!