Restore Your Old White Bras Back To Their Original Beauty With These Tricks
Most of us have been there. We buy a beautiful snow-white bra, only to see stains on it just weeks after we started wearing it. Deodorant, sweat, and clothing fibers easily wreak havoc on the color, as well. Sure, you could choose an ivory color instead, but white goes so well under certain outfits that you want to keep at least one classic look in your closet! Fortunately, there are a few tricks and tips that will keep your undergarments white.
Tip: Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands!
Easy and Quick Recipe
You will need:
- Two liters of warm water
- One tablespoon of detergent
- Two tablespoons of table salt
- Two tablespoons of baking soda
- Dissolve the detergent, salt, and soda in the warm water.
- Soak your bra for fifteen to thirty minutes, depending on how dirty and stained the garment is.
- Scrub gently at any stains with your hands. Remember, the gentler, the better.
- Rinse the bra in clean, warm water. Allow it to air dry.
Remember, don’t lay any light clothes on your radiator to dry. There may also be types of stains that are harder to get rid of.
You Will Need:
- Six liters of warm water
- Two tablespoons of ammonia
- Two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
- Six tablespoons of soda
- Allow all three ingredients to dissolve in the warm water; mix well.
- Soak your bra or other any other undergarment for three hours.
- Wash gently with your hands.
- Rinse well and allow to air dry.
Remember to wash your clothes in a well-ventilated area. Avoid inhaling any of the fumes.
We also have a few tricks that will help keep your undergarments as white as possible:
- Only wear a white bra under light clothes
- Use detergent specifically formulated for white clothes
- Hand washing is better than machine washing
- Allow your under-arm deodorant to absorb before you put a bra on
- Store all white clothes separate from colors
You don’t need to deny yourself the satisfaction of wearing white lacy lingerie. You have two great recipes that will effectively restore their brightness!
Did this article help you? Do you have any other helpful hints or tips? Show them to your friends so they can give new life to their poor, stained bras, too!