Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Are Officially Moving To Canada
Jan 14, 2020
Queen Elizabeth released a statement confirming that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be splitting their time between the U.K. and Canada. In addition, the Queen has stated that she would have preferred them in the U.K. but understand their decision.
Taking to their official Instagram account last week, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a shocking statement announcing they “intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and “work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.”
The couple added that they will be splitting their time between the Prince’s native United Kingdom and North America and will be announcing the launch of their new charitable entity in the near future. Queen Elizabeth confirmed this news in a statement released yesterday. The press release reads:
"My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family..."
..."we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family. Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives. It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK."
Reuters reports Queen Elizabeth and her heir to the throne Prince Charles along with Prince William, Harry’s elder brother, had gathered at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, eastern England to discuss Harry and Meghan's exit.
Although it seems some matters have found resolution the Queen insists that the discussions are not over yet. "These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days," Her Majesty said.
Experts have weighed in and believe the couple could make even more money from endorsements after leaving the royal family. US public relations guru Ronn Torossian said to the Mirror that by walking away from the sovereign grant the couple can now get “any endorsement deals in the world they may want."
Additionally, because the duke and duchess will not be bound to royal work, they are open to make lucrative deals and have commercial sponsorships.
What kind of solution do you think the royal family will come to in the next coming days? Tell us below. Pass this article along to your friends and family.