Making Cinnamon-Sugar-Glazed Nuts At Home Is Soo Easy Why Didn't I Try It Sooner?
Dec 11, 2015 by apost team
The wafting aroma of roasting almonds is the one thing that I look forward to at a street fair. Candied, cinnamon-sugar-glazed almonds at the Christmas market are my favorite! But it's so cold outside and so I decided to try making them at home!
While the recipe is fairly easy, the difficult bit is getting the right glaze on the almonds. So what's the secret behind it? Whisk egg whites until you get a thick and heavy mixture then and add sugar, cinnamon and salt.
+ 4 cups whole almonds or any other nuts that you like
+ 1 cup sugar
+ 1 teaspoon salt
+ 2 egg whites
+ 1/3 cup melted butter
+ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
+ 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
How to go about it:
1. Preheat the over to 250°F (120 degrees C)
2. Beat the eggs till they are frothy and add a pinch of salt.
3. Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue whisking the mixture till it becomes thick and heavy.
4. Add the almonds and cinnamon and mix well.
5. Put melted butter into a large bowl and stir the almonds in it.
6. Transfer the almonds on baking paper and bake them for 60 minutes in the oven.
7. Stir the almonds at 15 minutes interval.
8. Let them cool completely.
Dig into the nuts! Have fun!
And do let us know how they turned out in the comments section below!