Is Your Eyesight At Its Peak? Find Out With This Viral Eye Test
Jun 07, 2019 by apost team
Our eyesight is extremely sensitive and delicate. It's crucial that we do all we can to take care of our eyes. A lot of us take our eyes for granted. It's easy to let our screens or sunlight do damage to our eyes without even noticing.
Your eyesight can deteriorate slowly over time from extended exposure to harmful light.
So, to test your vision, we have a fun yet effective test! The results of this test could tell you whether or not you need to see an optician ASAP. Don't worry, it isn't the same test you get at the eye doctor.
Look at the below image. You should see 4 different numbers. Can you identify each and determine what they are?
What do you see?
6001 - If you see 6001, you are possibly short-sighted and also might suffer from an astigmatism.
6661 - If you see 6661, you are likely not short-sighted, but you may be living with an astigmatism.
5670 - If you see 5670, you might not have an astigmatism, but you could very well be short-sighted.
Did you see 5691? If so, your vision is perfect!istockphoto.com/PeopleImages
You can avoid eye damage, or avoid making it worse, by doing the following:
- If you wear glasses, make sure to choose the right ones. And if you don't wear glasses, make sure you have a pair of sunglasses to protect your optical health in the sunlight. Sunglasses that filter 75–95% of visible light and block 99–100% of UV-A and UV-B rays are ideal. Keep up with your optician appointments and always follow his or her instructions.
- To prevent eye strain, give your eyes a break. Start practicing the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, stare at an object 20 feet away for 20 seconds. This is especially important for those of us who spend a large chunk of our days staring at our office computers.
- Stop smoking.
- Embrace healthy eating habits.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
- Keep up with regular doctors' appointments.
You might want to pay your eye doctor a visit if you got the wrong answer on this vision quiz. Your eyes need more attention than you think!
How did you do on this quiz? Pass this along to your friends and see how they do.