If You Suffer From Foot, Knee, Or Hip Pain, Here Are 6 Exercises To Kill It
If you have pain in your knees, ankles or hips, you are not alone. Pain in these areas is a very common issue.
Luckily, there are numerous physical therapy exercises that can restore the strength and flexibility of your knees, ankles and hips. If you do these exercises regularly, you will see a great reduction in pain.
1. Heel Lifts
While standing, place your hands on the top of a chair. Next, do the following:
- Bend one knee to lift one leg.
- Lift the heel of the foot that is on the ground.
- Carefully lower your heel back to the ground.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
- Switch to the other leg and do the same thing again.
2. Toe Walks
This exercise requires zero equipment and can be done anywhere.
All you have to do is walk around on your toes for at least five minutes. You can do it for up to 15 minutes; stop when fatigued.
3. Ankle Circles
This exercise requires no equipment, but you can sit if you prefer.
- Lift one leg.
- Rotate the ankle of the raised leg ten times in one direction.
- Switch directions and do ten more rotations.
- Do the same thing with your other ankle.
4. Resistance Band Leg Pulls
For this exercise, you need a stable piece of furniture, such as a table, and a resistance band.
- Wrap one end of the resistance band around a table leg or another piece of furniture.
- Place the other end of the band around your foot.
- Put your other leg under the leg that is attached to the band.
- Bend the banded foot so that your toes point towards your face. Return to the starting position.
- Do this 10 or 15 times. Then, switch to the other foot and do the same routine.
5. Toe Curls
For this exercise, you can use various items around your house as equipment.
- Start with no equipment. Curl and uncurl your toes multiple times.
- Next, find a washcloth. Curl your toes around it and pick it up, then drop it. Repeat several times.
- Find something harder to grip, such as marbles. Use your toes to pick them up and drop them in a bucket.
6. Ball Rolls
This is a great way to massage your feet that requires only a ball.
- Press your foot onto the ball.
- Roll the ball back and forth on the bottom of your foot several times.
Extra: Foot Massage
In addition to these exercises, you can massage your feet with your hands. Put your hand around the space between your big toe and second toe. Put your other hand between your pinkie toe and fourth toe. Massage for pain relief.
Know someone who is suffering from pain in many places? Don't hesitate to pass this article along to them!
Our content is created to the best of our knowledge, yet it is of general nature and cannot in any way substitute an individual consultation with your doctor. Your health is important to us!