Healthy And Yummy Broccoli & Cheese Potato Pockets
You can't go wrong with broccoli and cheese. It's a winner in any book. Take this combo and add it to a pocket and you have a twist on an all time favorite. What is great about this recipe is that it's made from ingredients that are great for your health and even healing. You won't believe that there isn't any milk, cheese, butter or gluten. And another plus is that it's completely fat free. This makes it the perfect meal or snack for someone thats trying to find foods that will help with supporting their liver. Healing the liver aids with any chronic issues and also help relieve the symptoms.
Potatoes are great for people who tend to be deep thinkers. They are also good for those that are recovering from adrenal exhaustion and are an asset to help heal from stress damage. Potatoes are also very beneficial for those that suffer from sleep disorders, insomnia, depression, brain fog, and illnesses from stress-related triggers. They can help with your cardiovascular health and even reduce the risk of you having a heart attack, atherosclerosis, stroke, and COPD.
Broccoli is very beneficial for your nervous system. It's even been known to ease anxiety, nervous ticks, hypertension, and migraines. It's full of natural antihistamines which means it can even help with fighting off seasonal allergies, sinusitis, watery eyes, sinus infections, flu, colds, and even bronchitis. It's great for protecting against heart disease. The risk of strokes, atherosclerosis and heart attacks is reduced with the intake of broccoli.
As you can see, this meal can be quite good for your health!
Broccoli and Cheese Pockets
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour - add more if you need to
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 large diced potato
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock or very hot water
- 1 3/4 cup of finely chopped broccoli
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Sea salt
- You will need a large pot and steaming basket. Add in the carrots and potatoes. Pour in some water and steam up to one hour. The vegetables will now be softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool up to 15 minutes. The items will need to be cool enough to touch and handle. Take out one carrot and one potato and set out for the cheese sauce.
- Take the remaining potatoes and put them in a large flat pot or bowl. Mash them until they are completely broken down. Now you will add in the potato starch, oregano, and tapioca flour. Keep mashing until everything is mixed well together. If it seems too dry, add a little warm water. If it seems to wet, add a little more tapioca flour. The dough shouldn't stick to your fingers, but it should be pliable. Set dough to the side while you are making the filling.
- Take the remaining carrots and potatoes and place in a good processor. Add in the garlic powder, turmeric, lemon juice, cayenne, black pepper, sea salt, and vegetable stock. Blend until smooth. If needed, add more liquid. Place it to the side.
- Take the chopped broccoli and steam it until it's cooked. Place in a bowl and add in lemon juice and then season with some sea salt.
- Get a fist size portion of the potato mixture and roll it up to form a ball. Flatten out the sides. This will create a dip in the middle. Add two teaspoons of the broccoli and cheese sauce. You'll now close the pocket. Be sure to smooth it out. Use remaining mixture to form more pockets.
- Get a nonstick pan and place the pockets onto it. Brown on each side. This will take up to 10 minutes. For an even crispier pocket, bake in the oven, if baking set the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
This recipe will yield 4-5 pockets.
Are you going to be trying this recipe out? It sounds so good! Send it on to your mom and see what she thinks!