Eleven Of Prince George's Sweetest Moments With Dad Prince William
Jul 22, 2021 by apost team
The eldest of the Cambridge kids, Prince George, turned 8 years old on July 22. And as expected, Kate Middleton snapped a never-before-seen photo of the birthday boy to commemorate this future king’s special day.
In the birthday photo, George is pictured at Anmer Hall, Kate and Prince William’s getaway on Sandringham Estate in Norfolk. What’s notable about the birthday photo — besides George’s toothy grin and his striped polo shirt — is that it seems to pay tribute to the late Prince Philip, the boy’s great-grandfather. The 8-year-old sits atop a dark green Land Rover Defender, the same make that Philip requested and designed exclusively for his own funeral hearse. Philip also owned multiple Land Rover’s throughout his long life.
According to The Telegraph, Prince George and his family will celebrate the 8-year-old royal’s birthday privately. Last year, the Cambridge brood similarly commemorated George’s birthday, with Kate taking a photo of the then-7-year-old in a camouflage shirt at Anmer Hall.
George is Queen Elizabeth II’s great-grandchild and is third in the line of royal succession. If things go as planned, George will become king after his grandfather Charles, the Prince of Wales, and after his father, the Duke of Cambridge. He will be England’s 43rd monarch since 1066.
In celebration of George’s special day, we’ll be taking a look at the special bond he has with his father, William. Ever since George entered the world eight years ago, William has been by his son’s side — at his son’s christening, on an official tour to Australia when the boy was just 8 months old and more recently during the Euro 2020 final at Wembley Stadium.
1. One of the sweetest moments George had with his father was when he was first born. Given that George was William and Kate’s first child, the couple was naturally ecstatic when he graced the world July 22, 2013 in the private Lindo Wing of St. Mary’s hospital, where Prince Harry and William were also born. "As any new parent knows, you're only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything,” William said of George’s birth in a 2013 interview with CNN.
2. Another adorable moment that fans of the royal family will never forget is George’s christening. An absolutely adorable George wore a replica of the family’s lace and satin christening gown while his doting father held him for the ceremony.Prince William, Prince George (2014), (Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images)
3. When George was 8 months old, he went on his first official tour to Australia, traveling alongside his beloved father. The father-son duo even took a trip to the famous zoo in Sydney.Prince William, Prince George (2015), (Mike Marsland/WireImage/Getty Images)
4. George and William shared a special moment together in 2015 when Princess Charlotte was born at St. Mary’s hospital in London. This sweet photo shows William on his way to introduce George to his newborn sister.Camilla, Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince George (2015), (Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images)
5. At Trooping the Colour in 2015, the ceremony that celebrates the birthday of the British sovereign, George was seemingly fascinated by the spectacle as he watched the parade and clung to his father’s back.Prince William, Prince George (2016), (Anwar Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images)
6. George and his father both looked incredibly dapper back in 2016 when the father-son duo attended a Christmas Day church service at St. Mark’s church.Prince William, Catherine, Princess Charlottet, Prince George (2017), (Mateusz Wlodarczyk/NurPhoto/Getty Images)
7. The whole family looked adorable in these photos from 2017 when the Cambridges visited Warsaw, Poland. The five-day trip saw the family travel through Poland and Germany for what was the children’s second royal tour.Prince William, Prince George (2017), (Richard Pohle - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
8. Both William and his eldest son looked a bit nervous ahead of George’s first day of school at Thomas's Battersea Prep School in London. Back in 2017, The Independent reported that Kate didn’t accompany the boys as she was pregnant with her third child, the then-unnamed Prince Louis.Prince William, Prince George, Princess Charlotte (2018), (Karwai Tang/WireImage/Getty Images)
9. Speaking of Louis, Charlotte, George and William were photographed outside of St. Mary’s Hospital in April 2018 when Prince Louis was born. In a strikingly similar photo as when George and William were off to meet baby Charlotte together, the two Cambridge kids were on their way to meet their younger brother.Prince William, Catherine, Princess Charlottet, Prince George, Prince Louis (2020), (Comic Relief/BBC Children in Need/Comic Relief/Getty Images)
10. In a photo that has become iconic, Prince William, Kate Middleton and their three children clapped outside their Anmer Hall home to honor healthcare workers on the frontlines of the COVID-19 outbreak as part of BBC’s “The Big Night In” television special, which aired in April 2020.Prince William, Catherine, Prince George (2021), (John Sibley - Pool/Getty Images)
11. Although the tournament ended in heartbreak for the Cambridges — along with all of England — Prince George and his father shared a few joyous moments during the 2020 UEFA European Football Championship, which was held in 2021. Almost everyone has seen the saddening photo of George and his father when England lost to Italy, but there are also plenty of photos in which the father-son duo seem to be bonding while rooting for the three lions.Prince William, Prince George (2015), (Anwar Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images)
What's your favorite photo of Prince George and William? Let us know — and be sure to pass this story on to friends and family members!