Easy Homemade Moisturizer Recipe Using Coconut And Lavender
Back home after a long day and found out that you’ve used up the last of your favorite moisturizer? Here is a simple two ingredients DIY moisturizer using ingredients you probably already have right in your own home.
An All-Natural Therapeutic Moisturizer for Your Skin
Keeping your skin soft and soothed with natural ingredients don’t get any easier – or more convenient. This DIY moisturizer might end up being your new favorite go-to skin care!istockphotos.com/fcafotodigital
The two ingredients used in this recipe are both supercharged with amazing benefits for your skin. Coconut oil is a great daily supplement for skin health.
Not only is it gentle, natural, and readily available, it is also soothing for the sensitive skin and those little irritated, dry skin patches that frustrate us all. You might happen to have some coconut oil in your kitchen already.istockphotos.com/yul38885 yul38885
The second ingredient we will be using is lavender essential oil. When blended into a gentle base such as coconut oil, lavender essential oil is one of the best oils for sensitive skin and can heal damaged skin and reduce inflammation. In addition, the mild and pleasant floral-herbal scent does wonders to relieve stress and tension.
- 1 oz (28g) Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera)
- 12 drops Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
- 1 oz (30 mL) a clean and empty jar
- Spoon 1oz coconut oil into the 1oz jar.
- Create an indentation in the coconut oil.
- Add 12 drops of lavender essential oil into the indentation.
- Mix thoroughly.
How to Use
- Essential oil can be very strong and a little goes a long way.
- Coconut oil can melt in a warm room but will solidify again when the temperature goes down.
- Remove a little bit of the mixture with your fingers and massage onto your skin.
This recipe is very flexible, and you can easily substitute the oils if you have other oils on hand. Try substituting almond oil, jojoba oil, or shea butter for the coconut oil. Or try mixing in other essential oils to try different scents. Or decorate the 1oz jars to make a quick and simple DIY gift for birthdays or holidays.
Please comment if you plan on giving this DIY moisturizer a try and if you used any of the variations. We’d love to hear from you! Do you have any other DIY skin care tips? Make sure you send this recipe to all your friends!
Our content is created to the best of our knowledge, yet it is of general nature and cannot in any way substitute an individual consultation by your doctor. Your health is important to us!