Dairy Free, Sugar-Free And Gluten Free - Presenting Tasty Sweet Potato, Coconut & Avocado Brownies
Who doesn’t love brownies? They are warm and gooey, and full of comfort food goodness. Traditional brownies come with a cost that can negatively impact both your physical and mental health.
Traditional brownies can cause blood sugar spikes, increased levels of the stress hormone called cortisol, as well as increased insulin levels. These can lead to weight gain and fluctuating mood levels. Additionally, brownies contain ingredients that can cause inflammation such as flour, processed sugar and dairy.
Looking for a delicious and healthy alternative? Look no further. This Avocado Brownie is packed with healthy and delicious ingredients. The avocado lends a creaminess that is complimented by the sweetness of the coconut and sweet potato. You’ll love this recipe.
What makes these brownies so great? Avocados lend that fudgy texture everyone loves. They are packed with healthy fat, fiber and loaded with antioxidants. Because they are so nutrient dense, they are one of the best anti-aging super-foods on the planet. Another vital nutrient found in avocado is oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat known to increase fat metabolism.
Additionally, they contain carotenoid antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, potassium, folate as well as Vitamin E. Avocado can also decrease oxidative stress which is an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body. Overall, avocado is indeed a super-food. The benefits are almost immeasurable. It not only introduces beneficial antioxidants, but it also helps your body process them better.
Who knew you’d get so much from a brownie?
Gooey Grain Free Brownie
Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup Creamy Nut Butter,such as almond or cashew
- ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips, such as dark chocolate
- ½ cup avocado, mashed
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato puree
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Use parchment paper or coconut oil to line a square baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a blender or food processor. Mix until well blended and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Gently stir or fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan using a baking spatula or knife to spread it into an even layer in the pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Even your Paleo and gluten-free friends won't believe how good this brownie is! Send the recipe to your friends and family, give it a try yourself and let us know what you think!