7 Reasons To Eat A Cucumber Everyday
Cucumbers don't get the attention they deserve and the vegetable's health benefits are usually underestimated. The vegetable is 95% water and has a neutral taste. But you'll be surprised to know how many important nutrients and vitamins it has that can help you stay fit and healthy.
Here are 7 reasons why you should start eating cucumbers daily:
- They provide our body with a lot of fluid due to their high percentage of water. This helps our body to detox and supports the battle against cellulite.
- Along with the fibers, the high water percentage also helps you to lose weight because 100 grams of cucumber merely contain 16 calories.
- Cucumbers contain a lot of nutrients, such as vitamin C. The vitamins can especially be found in the skin of the cucumbers.
- This vegetable also contains a lot of vitamin B. This vitamin activates our metabolism and is important for the formation of blood cells.
- The cucumber also has a high amount of mineral nutrients, such as zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphor.
- Hence, cucumbers can also help to lower the blood sugar level. This reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Cucumbers help our digestion. The enzymes contained in a cucumber are able to split proteins, which helps us during the digestion of products which are high of protein, such as meat
Cucumbers are especially delicious as salad, juice or soup, or simply as a snack in between!
Share this article with your friends and let them in on the secret of the cucumber!