33 Habits Everyone Should Break Before They Turn 30 Years Old
Oct 10, 2018
As a teenager, you made mistakes. You grew older, but you still struggled to figure out what you wanted in life. By the time you are 30 years old, there are a few habits that you need to break.
If you want to find happiness, you have to make a few changes in your life.
1. Stop drinking until you pass out. Choose to drink in moderation instead.
2. Quit procrastinating and get things done in the present.
3. No longer overthink everything someone says or does. Relax because you can never control how other people think and act.
4. Never settle for less in relationships. When you believe that you deserve more, you will find a better partner.
5. Stop skipping out on sleep. For you to do your best, you have to get enough sleep at night.istockphotos.com/erikreis
6. Stop sleeping too much. You are wasting your life away.
7. Stop pretending that everything is okay. If there is a problem, recognize it and try to solve it.
8. Stop posting passive-aggressive things online. If you have a problem, confront it in person.
9. Stop comparing yourself to other people. The only person you are competing with is yourself.
10. Quit saying yes if you want to say no. Speak up for what you want.
11. No longer fall for the first person who pays attention to you. Set your standards higher than that.istockphotos.com/undrey
12. Stop wasting time on the computer. Go outside and enjoy the outdoor air.
13. Never critique your looks. Love who you are and be kind to yourself.
14. Never show up late. Make a good impression by leaving the house early. Being on time also shows that you respect the other person's time and value them.istockphotos.com/jacoblund
15. Avoid hanging out with people just because you have been friends forever. Spend time with people who make you a better person.
16. No longer spend money instead of saving it. Make sure that your paycheck covers bills before you buy anything extra.
17. Turn off your phone. Listen to the person in front of you instead of checking a new text message.istockphotos.com/martin-dm
18. Stop keeping score. The only person you should compete against is yourself.
19. Quit having unsafe sex. Your body deserves to be protected and cared for.
20. Quit waiting for the perfect moment. Go after what you want and make a move in the present. The perfect moment may never arrive, so go for what you want today.istockphotos.com/georgeclerk
21. Stop forgiving people when they are not actually sorry. You deserve better.
22. Stop quitting your workouts. Your body needs to stay in shape if you want it to work well for another five decades.
23. Quit gossiping. Your own life is better to focus on. Stop worrying about everyone else.
24. Stop blaming other people. If you make a mistake, take responsibility for it and apologize.
25. Stop blaming your ex-partners and parents for your life. At some point, you are the only person truly responsible for where you are today.istockphotos.com/izusek
26. Stop standing people up. Unless you are in the hospital, you should follow through on all of your promises.
27. Quit doubting yourself. When you think you can do anything, you make your dreams possible.
28. Stop settling for average. Live the life that makes you feel happy.
29. Stop cheating on your partner. If you do not want to be with them, end the relationship.
30. Stop focusing on the past. You can only change the present and the future.
31. Quit hanging out with people who do not really appreciate you. You deserve friends who lift you up and make you a better person.istockphotos.com/AleksandarNakic
32. Stop eating so much fast food and junk food. Learn to cook and eat a healthy diet.
33. Stop going to bed with your makeup on. Wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed. Your skin will thank you for it.
How many habits have you broken already? Tell us your score out of 33! Help your friends start living a better life by telling them about the bad habits that they need to break by the time they turn 30 by showing them this article.