10 Habits That Make Happy Couples: A Psychiatrist's View
Aug 29, 2017 by apost team
Every relationship in the world is different, but every relationship requires hard work and effort in order to make it a success. So, what can make for a happy relationship? Well, the answer to that question varies because every couple is different. Therefore, what works for one couple might not work for another. However, one thing does not change. Regardless of the couple, in order for a relationship to grow stronger, the couple has to be willing to work for it and constantly put in the effort. Dr. Mark Goulston is a psychiatrist with an interesting take on relationship dynamics. He is also an international speaker and best-selling author. Currently, over half a million people have purchased and read his book entitled, 10 Habits of Happy Couples. In his book, he provides insight to couples that will help them to increase the magic of a relationship and keep it going.
1. Couples should try to go to bed at the same time.
Happy couples go to bed together, but that does not mean that a partner might not wake up later on to do other things after their partner has fallen asleep.
2. Couples should cultivate their common interests.
Happy couples try and do things that they both enjoy doing together. This promotes their common interests.
3. Couples should go on walks hand in hand or at least side by side.
Happy couples tend to walk together side by side or hand in hand which shows love and confidence in being together.
4. Couples should always default their mode to trust and forgiveness.
Even happy couples have disagreements, but by defaulting to trust and forgiveness of their partner their relationship is stronger.
5. Couples should focus on what their partner does right rather than what they do wrong.
Happy couples should try to accentuate positivity towards each other to keep negativity out of the relationship.
6. Couples should try to hug immediately upon seeing each other after work.
Happy couples should hug so that they skin gets familiar to the memory of "good touch" rather than "neglected".
7. Couples should always say "I Love you" and "Have a good day" every morning.
This is an excellent way to start a day and help a significant other to deal with annoyances they may have to deal with in the day.
8. Couples should always say "Goodnight" regardless of how they feel.
Regardless of what happened during the day, happy couples always say "Good night" to each other even if they had been upset from earlier in the day.
9. Couples should do a "weather" check throughout the day. Couples should contact each other at some point during the day to check and see how the other is doing. This will help to put them more in sync when they see each other after work.
10. Couples should always be proud to be seen with each other.
Happy couples are happy to be together. Therefore, they are happy to be seen together and seen showing some sort of affection.
Did you take away some tips there? Click SHARE to show your friends and family too :)